My absolute favorite flavors….together in one cookie….
CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTER!!!!
(Some extra exclamation points…in case you weren’t sure how I felt about these)
I always think that there is no way I could choose a favorite cookie…until I eat another peanut butter cookie….
peanut butter cookies are definitely my favorite kind of cookie.
Especially if we get chocolate involved.
No cookie baking binge would be complete without them!
Peanut butter chocolate time…
Try not to be too creeped out by that block of Crisco.
I refuse to deviate from this recipe.
Also…crunchy peanut butter…it’s a way of life.
Don’t worry about that color changing peanut butter mixture…
Then comes some eggy milky vanilla splatter art?
Mix it up then add the flour…finally starting to look a little more appetizing…
Now here’s a secret…
Just a touch…it makes a difference.
Then the chocolate!!!!
As much as you want..for real.
Roll em up and send em to the sugar bath
Peanut butter cookies are a dream to roll.
They stick to themselves but not to anything else…
…so you get perfect little balls and no sticky mess on your fingers or the bowl!
Good day to you too, peanut butter cookies.
I appreciate you.
When you get your cookies on the cookie sheet…make sure you flatten them so that they bake correctly.
Also, make sure you flatten them with a fork…because that’s what real peanut butter cookies should look like.
((I’m all about the action shots today…my fingers are all over the place))
Ready, set, bake!
What is so comforting about cookies in rows?
Piles are good too…
Don’t forget your milk!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe slightly adapted from This Peanut Butter Blossom recipe
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup peanut butter (I like crunchy but creamy would be dreamy)
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2-1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Granulated sugar for rolling
1. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside
2. Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended.
3. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar, cinnamon; beat until fluffy.
4. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well.
5. Gradually beat the flour mixture into the peanut butter mixture.
6. Fold in chocolate chips, (as much as you want), shape into one inch balls, roll in sugar and place on an ungreased cookie sheet
7. Flatten cookies with a fork to create the classic crisscross pattern
8. Bake 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees F, or until lightly browned. If you cool them on tin foil..they’ll stay soft =)
3 responses to “Cookie Countdown Day 3: Chocolate Peanut Butter Bliss”
All these cookies look so amazing! I think you should have your boyfriend take some to his office to share!!
Oh don’t worry…one GIANT cookie package coming right up
YEAH!! Looking forward to it!!