Well gee…I like all of those things..
Why don’t I shove it all in a cookie?
Crispy edges. Chewy middles. Sweet. Salty. Brilliant.
Snack Attack Cookies
Base recipe from the Smitten Kitchen cookbook…I just added everything but the kitchen sink
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups popped popcorn (salted and buttered!)1/2 cup M&M candies
1/4 cup roasted peanuts1/4 cup crushed pretzels
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars with an electric mixer or stand mixer until the mixture is light, fluffy and smooth
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well combined. The mixture should be smooth and pale
- In a separate bowl whisk the flour, baking soda and salt until well incorporated
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until a smooth dough forms and all flour is incorporated. Fold in the M&Ms, peanut and pretzels just until evenly distributed.
- Fold the popped popcorn in last. It will break down a bit as you stir. I think it’s best if you can see some popcorn in the cookie so try not to stir too much!
- Wrap dough tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. For pretty, round cookies roll 2 tablespoons of dough into a ball and place on the baking sheet with enough space between for spreading (about 2 inches). Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges start to brown and the middles just barely begin to set. Do not overbake!
- Makes about 24 cookies