What do you do when your mother gives you a giant Costco-sized block of Feta?
Whip it good.
It doesn’t get easier than this.
Three ingredients (unless you’re feeling fancy), no oven required.
On your mark, get set, go.
First you put Mount Feta (you have one of those right?) in a food processor with Greek yogurt and a squeeze of lemon.
Then…you whip it.
You barely did anything and now you have delicious, spreadable feta cheese! This is the life. I can’t just leave things alone, though. I added green onion and chopped fresh basil.
Because yum. Highly recommended.
Schmeared a pita with my handy dandy spreadable feta and added a corn fritter! (a favorite of ours)
Daniel made tacos.
Daniel wins this round.
-Dip veggies or pita chips or really any chips
-Make a strawberry basil feta grilled cheese that I can’t get out of my head…there’s balsamic reduction involved. Just stop it.
-Use it as a sandwich spread! For basically any sandwich…it’s awesome on an egg sandwich just saying
-Make a pizza with a feta layer UNDER the sauce! Or in place of sauce
Don’t hold back! Let your creativity flow! (Then let me know what you did =))
Recipe based mainly on this recipe from How Sweet Eats
- 1 pound feta cheese
- 6 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice (maybe a teaspoon or two) or to taste
- sliced green onions
- chopped fresh basil
- a couple of grinds of black pepper
- Place the feta, yogurt and lemon juice in a food processor fitted with the s-blade (or maybe a blender but I haven’t tried!) and pulse to combine. Run the processor until you reach a mostly smooth, spreadable consistency. If you want it chunky stop it sooner!
- Pour the spread into a large bowl and taste. Add salt and pepper as needed (you may not need any salt!) and stir in any additions (green onions, basil, etc)
- Serve it up! Get creative! Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.